top of page

Jewelry Guide

Types of Gold Jewelry

Base metal: Sterling silver

Base metal: Copper, Brass, & etc.

Base metal: Copper, Brass, & etc.

Solid Gold

Gold Vermeil

Gold Filled

Gold Plated

Most Expensive
Strong and durable
Lasts forever

High quality, Affordable
Won't tarnish easily 
Base metal is high quality and has value


High quality, Affordable
Won't tarnish easily


Good quality, Cheapest
Tarnish easily but depending on plating

What is S925?

S925 refers to the quality of silver used in jewelry. It means that the jewelry is made of 92.5% pure silver, also known as sterling silver. The remaining 7.5% is typically made up of other metals, such as copper, which gives the silver added strength and durability. This marking is commonly found on silver jewelry, particularly rings, bracelets, and necklaces. 
925 sterling silver lasts long but will eventually tarnish depending on use and skin acidity.

What is stainless steel jewelry?

Stainless steel jewelry is jewelry made from stainless steel, which is a type of steel alloy that is resistant to corrosion, rust, and staining. Stainless steel jewelry is typically made using 316L stainless steel, which is a low-carbon version of stainless steel that contains additional elements like molybdenum and nickel to enhance its corrosion resistance and durability.

Stainless steel jewelry has become increasingly popular in recent years due to its affordability, durability, and resistance to tarnishing, making it a great alternative to more expensive precious metals like gold and silver. It can be made into a wide range of styles and designs, including rings, bracelets, necklaces, and earrings, and is often used in men's jewelry due to its rugged and masculine look. Additionally, stainless steel jewelry is hypoallergenic, making it a great choice for people with sensitive skin who may experience allergic reactions to other metals.

10k Gold

10k gold jewelry is jewelry made from 10 karat gold, which is an alloy of gold and other metals. In 10k gold, 41.7% of the alloy is pure gold, and the remaining 58.3% is made up of other metals like copper, silver, and zinc.

Because 10k gold contains a smaller percentage of gold compared to higher karatages like 18k or 24k, it is typically less expensive. However, it is also less malleable and can be prone to tarnishing or discoloration compared to higher karat golds. Nevertheless it is still hypoallergenic and  a popular choice for jewelry due to its affordability and durability. 

bottom of page